On Saturday 6th November 2010, Eagles celebrated the 60th anniversary of the club.Tiverton White Eagles was founded in 1950 by a group of women leaving the Tiverton Grammer School who wanted to continue to play hockey with the help of the Amorys and the use of the grass pitch at Knighthayes the Eagles were formed.
A celebration was held at the Tiverton Hotel with 145 past and present players as well as vice presidents and 4 founder members of the club, Rene Evenett, Pat Shapland, Eve Lockyer and Eileen Lockyer attending.
The evening consisted of a meal followed by speeches. Pat Shapland spoke for the Founder members and explained how the club was formed and continued to progress. Pat then presented a Trophy to the club (The Pat Shapland 60 Glorious Years) to be presented at the Eagles annual dinner.Shirley Webber the current club president then spoke about the continued success of the club including how the team travelled to away games on the Tivvy Bumper or by taxi and how in one season only 8 games were played due to the poor weather and the use of facilities at Knighthayes cricket club with no electric.
Finally Wendy Trump spoke for the current members she explained how the club has now gained All England Clubs Accreditation and how we now have policies and procedures we all have to adhere to.
The future for Eagles looks good with a thriving junior membership with 60 members registered. Eagles now play on astro turf with 3 senior teams competing in league hockey each team playing around 30 games a season.
On display during the evening were photos from the 1950 through to the current day as well as fixture cards dating back to the late 1950s, the original oil lantern from Knighthayes and the tape used to mark out the grass pitch.
On the Sunday members gathered at Knighthayes, Heathcoat Cricket club, for the presentation of 2 benches by the oak tree that was planted for the 40th anniversary, the benches represent the 50th and 60th anniversary.